[etherlab-dev] Problems with PDO mapping on EL4132

Thomas Elste thomas.elste at imms.de
Wed Jan 30 16:44:42 CET 2008

Hello Florian,

thanks for this explanation of the backgrounds.

> And please, -and this goes to all of you-, please, please don't rely on
> the defines used in ecdb.h. As you see, the PDO mapping can change
> during the revisions of the hardware, and the file was never meant to be
> a correct reference. Perhaps I shall remove it to avoid such
> implications. What is your opinion?
I wouldn't mind very much, if there were other methods for avoiding
much typing and looking/searching in the slave docs or the info
files for the PDOs and the product/vendor codes. Maybe the lsec
script could be extend with an option to output a copy-and-pastable
summary of the Slaves with their PDOs of the bus. Or, even better,
to write a header file with all the necessary information, :).

Regards
Thomas