[etherlab-dev] Module ec_e1000 for kernel version 2.6.22 (not working)

Erwin Burgstaller ethercat.berknapp at spamgourmet.com
Mon Apr 21 15:40:07 CEST 2008

* Mon, Apr 21, 2008 - 09:52:08 +0200, Florian Pose - fp at igh-essen.com:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 05:00:04PM +0200, Erwin Burgstaller wrote:
> > and I'd like to run them. In best case as a pair, the second as backup
> > device, just for to see how that works.
>
> backup devices are not yet implemented...

OK, do you know when it will?

> You could try the one from the 1.4.09 prerelease. It was already tested
> successfully in a few environments:
>
> http://etherlab.org/download/ethercat-1.4.0-pre-trunk-r1095.tar.bz2

OK, thanks, didn't know that there's a pre-release out there. Else I would
have tried that first. ;-)

Anyway it's working now.

Even if I mix the cards and have a 8139too and an e1000 device at the
same time running and connected to an active ring, the system does not
crash on stopping the Ethercat bus at first.

But when I have 2 masters and 2 Rtai client modules, which are using
master0 and master1, the removal of one of the client kernel modules
results in an immediate reboot.

But that's not that very important at the moment.

Erwin