[etherlab-dev] EtherCAT Master Queries

Bidkar, Pavan Pavan.Bidkar at NOVELLUS.com
Tue Jun 17 14:19:37 CEST 2008

HI,

        When I am going through the EtherCAT master1.3.2 documentation,
It is mentioned as "EtherCAT Capable network device driver" what does
that exactly mean? Do we need to Disable the existing Ethernet driver
and then start EtherCAT driver on that? Or can we use this ethercat
master as raw packet transmission application above the Ethernet driver?
Please brief about how exactly it is implemented?

        We are planning to port, EtherCAT master implemented in Linux to
QNX, any possible ways to do this?

        We need help from you for another 1-2 months for our project,
please support us in completing this project successfully.

Thanks,

Pavan