[etherlab-dev] The masters behavior when slaves are dropping out

Erwin Burgstaller ethercat.berknapp at spamgourmet.com
Thu Sep 24 12:08:46 CEST 2009

Hi, again!

In some pre-1.4-version I recognized that the master did not rescan the
bus, when slaves were dropping away, as long the master was in use. It
didn't change anything regarding PDO's until ecrt_release_master() had
been called, if I understand right.

I found that pretty cool and exactly what we need.

In version 1.4 the bus is rescanned, if someone pulls out a module or
one of our boxes is just disconnected. So we're getting in troubles as
addresses are changing in middle of work.

As long as the system is running, there is no need to get into a changed
topology. The system will not work properly anyway if anything is
missing.

If the current behavior is needed by someone though, it should become a
configurable option.

Thanks,
	Erwin

--