[etherlab-dev] Datagram SKIPPED x Times

Mike O'Connor mike at oeg.com.au
Thu Mar 22 00:17:57 CET 2012

Hi Andreas

Yep 4K is no problem is higher that is a problem. We have 2 bus couplers
in a daisy chain on my test rig, and 4 IO modules.

I'll try a different card soon, but I've used both the generic and non
generic Intel drivers with no different in the possible rates.

4K works great doubling it to 8K the SKIPPED goes though the roof, as I
said I've confirmed the bus coupler is not an issue the issue is the PC
not doing the right thing with the packets.

I just really want to now what sort of rate could be achievable with
etherlab. The packet captures I've seen seem to indicate that the bus
couplers are able to run a very high rate. (ie at least 25K)

Mike