[etherlab-dev] Is Ethercat Master Enough

Dr.-Ing. Wilhelm Hagemeister hm at igh-essen.com
Thu May 24 15:57:57 CEST 2012

Hello Mohamed,

sample programs in C come with the EtherCat Master. Look in the
"examples" directory.

If you have a Matlab/Simulink/RTW environment at hand you will want to
use the EtherLab framework to write your control program in Simulink,
and also have an interface to tune parameters and to read out channels
with the "Testmanager" program which come with the Eterlab-Bundle as well.

Wilhelm.

Am 24.05.2012 09:45, schrieb Mohamed Abuthahir:
> Hi Wilhelm,
>
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> Would you tell me where i can find the sample program in etherlab.org site.
> (Especially i need to control the servo motor through yaskawa sigma 5
> amplifier )

> Thahir
>
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Dr.-Ing. Wilhelm Hagemeister <
> hm at igh-essen.com> wrote:
>
>> Hallo Mohamed,
>>
>> no, the Master "only" handles the EtherCAT communication. You need to
>> write a control program yourself. The various ways to do this are
>> described on www.etherlab.org.
>>
>> Regards Wilhelm.
>>
>> Am 24.05.2012 09:18, schrieb Mohamed Abuthahir:
>>> Any one there to answer me ?
>>>

>>> ---------------------------------------
>>> Thahir

>> ethercat

Mit freundlichem Gruß

Wilhelm Hagemeister.

Dr.-Ing. Wilhelm Hagemeister
wilhelm.hagemeister at igh-essen.com
Tel.: +49 201 / 36014-20

Ingenieurgemeinschaft IgH
Gesellschaft für Ingenieurleistungen mbH
Heinz-Bäcker-Str. 34
D-45356 Essen
Amtsgericht Essen HRB 11500
USt-Id.-Nr.: DE 174 626 722
Geschäftsführung: Dr.-Ing. S. Rotthäuser, Dr.-Ing. T. Finke, Dr.-Ing. W.
Hagemeister
Tel.: +49 201 / 360-14-0
http://www.igh-essen.com