[etherlab-dev] Support for multiple mailbox protocols

Jun Yuan j.yuan at rtleaders.com
Tue Jul 1 11:11:38 CEST 2014

I missed that part with slave->config->sdo_configs. You're right. The
ecrt_slave_config_sdo* functions is protected against concurrent CoE
mailbox conversation. Yet still, the etherlabmaster may have concurrent CoE
mailbox conversation with ecrt_master_sdo_download/upload functions on the
one side, and the coe dictionary fetching and slave->config->sdo_requests
on the other side.

I agree with you that it seems the "realtime" SDO requests and the SDO
dictionary fetching should belong to fsm_slave. And even with the current
etherlabmaster, the "realtime" SDO requests also have to wait when the SDO
dictionary fetching ec_fsm_master_state_sdo_dictionary is being executed.
Maybe we could break up the SDO dictionary fetching into small parts to
allow "realtime" SDO requests and slave->sdo_requests to be handled between
them. SDO dictionary fetching should have a low priority.

Regards,
Jun