[etherlab-dev] Multiple mailbox protocols and other issues

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Tue Feb 3 01:04:55 CET 2015

On 2 February 2015 20:18, quoth Knud Baastrup:
> 16_improved_ethercat_rescan_performance.patch:
> The SII data and PDOs will now be stored when the EtherCAT master is in
its
> operation phase. The stored SII data and PDOs will be detached from the
> slaves prior to a scanning and re-attached during the scanning without the
> need to fetch the SII data and PDOs once again. The SII data and PDOs will
> however only be stored if the slave have a serial number defined as this
> serial number will be used when re-attaching the SII data and PDOs.

Ooh, thanks for that one.  That's one of the performance holes that I was
planning on investigating myself soonish.

(A somewhat related one is that when a slave drops to SAFEOP+ERROR as a
result of a comms watchdog error, it *should* be safe for the master to
bring it straight up to OP, especially when the slave has a serial and can
be unambiguously identified, but currently it's doing a full back-to-PREOP
reconfigure.)

I've been meaning to post the full patchset that I'm using at the moment (in
the hopes that a few pieces at least can get integrated), but I'm still
investigating a few issues (and working on unrelated things), so it's not
quite ready yet.  Although (at least partly due to inertia) I'm currently
using Frank's mailbox patches rather than yours. :)