[etherlab-dev] "Failed to read number of assigned PDOs for SM2" error occurs.

tykwon tykwon at m2i.co.kr
Thu Jun 1 09:09:34 CEST 2017

Hello.

I solved the problem that did not change to OP state!!. :)

I set the defaultsize of SM2 and SM3 in the xml file.(attachments:kty_success.xml)

Because if defaultsize is not defined, size of SM2, SM3 is 0 in SAFEOP operation as below.

           root at odroid:~# ethercat states OP

           root at odroid:~# [   51.376661 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: Changing state from PREOP to OP.

           [   51.378857 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: Configuring...

           [   51.385170 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: Now in INIT.

           [   51.388296 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: Clearing FMMU configurations...

           [   51.394066 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: Clearing sync manager configurations...

           [   51.401123 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: Clearing DC assignment...

           [   51.406349 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: Configuring mailbox sync managers...

           [   51.413099 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: SM0: Addr 0x1000, Size 128, Ctrl 0x26, En 1

           [   51.420182 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: SM1: Addr 0x1080, Size 128, Ctrl 0x22, En 1

           [   51.431622 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: Now in PREOP.

           [   51.431655 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: SM2: Addr 0x1100, Size   0, Ctrl 0x24, En 0

           [   51.438992 at 0] EtherCAT DEBUG 0-0: SM3: Addr 0x1180, Size   0, Ctrl 0x20, En 0

           [   51.451201 at 0] EtherCAT ERROR 0-0: Failed to set SAFEOP state, slave refused state change (PREOP + ERROR).

           [   51.455414 at 0] EtherCAT ERROR 0-0: AL status message 0x001D: "Invalid output configuration".

           [   51.465214 at 0] EtherCAT 0-0: Acknowledged state PREOP.

           root at odroid:~#

So I have specified defaultsize for SM2 and SM3 in the xml file.

The status changed to OP like the attachment success.txt afterwards.

The "Sync manager watchdog" error is still happening, but the OP is the first to change!

Your help has been very helpful to me.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Kwon