[etherlab-dev] Unofficial patchset update 20170914

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Fri Sep 15 03:42:45 CEST 2017

I've just pushed a new update to the unofficial patchset; it is now at
version 20170914 and is based on the latest upstream default (33b922 at this
moment).

https://sourceforge.net/u/uecasm/etherlab-patches/ci/default/tree/#readme

Feedback is welcomed.

Notable changes:

  * Now ahead by one additional upstream commit.

  * Added one patch base/0029-kern-cont.patch.

        * This fixes an issue on recent kernels where parts of logged
messages (especially at debug 1 or higher) end up on separate lines in the
logs instead of the same line as intended.  (Upstream linux would probably
prefer that the values are buffered and only printed as complete lines,
possibly replacing some usage with print_hex_dump calls, but that seemed
like a larger change than I wanted to make at the moment.)

        * This probably should be higher up the list but I didn't want to
renumber everything for such a minor change.