[etherlab-dev] Community contribution

Martin Troxler martin.troxler at komaxgroup.com
Mon Mar 5 11:21:06 CET 2018

Hello all,

Several years ago, we were working together with Florian Pose in the development of the etherlab and pushed a lot of patches back into the upstream repository.

Then, at some point, some of our own needs required patches that were not accepted by Florian. Since then our own version departed in some points from the upstream repository.
But we are not happy with this situation, because we think that we will benefit from the community and vice versa and we are thinking about ways to publish our version.

Today, we are working on encapsulating the master code so that it can run within userspace, because this will greatly simplify deployment and version handling.

I think it would be a great idea to meet at such a etherlab related ethercat  conference.

Regards
Martin Troxler