[etherlab-dev] Install in Kernel 4.15? Exclude examples?

Chris Grigg chrislgrigg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 20:12:42 CEST 2018

Hello everyone,

Hope the summer is treating you all well. I have a multi-parter:

1. Has anyone attempted to install under Kernel 4.15? One of the examples
is complaining about `init_timer`, which was removed in 4.15.

2. Alternative/additionally, is it possible to remove the examples
completely? I am unsure if there will be other breaking changes, but this
is something I'd be interested in either way. Removing references from the
`configure` and `configure.ac` scripts doesn't do the trick.

Finally, if anyone attempts to install and receives an error about
`aclocal-1.14` not existing, you might need to modify a variable
`configure` to use 1.15 or whichever version is installed on your system.
We were working fine until recently, I'm guessing that Ubuntu is now
installing 1.15 automatically.

Appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Chris