[etherlab-users] Inappropriate ioctl for device

Daniel Lemus dslemusp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 11:31:33 CET 2019


Hi all

I have managed to solve the issue. I reinstalled ethercat master cloning the repository and switching it to the stable-1.5 branch (current version 1.5.2 5f29e43487df). 
To give a bit more context on why I had the problem the first place I had an old thereat master installation and I was having trouble with some of my slaves going OP right after I plugged in the ethernet cable. I solved this by reinstalling the EtherCAT master (commit 33b922ec1871) with the default patch found in http://hg.code.sf.net/p/etherlabmaster/code. However after doing this every time I tried to run any executable I got the error “Inappropriate ioctl for device”.

I know this does not answer the question on what exactly causes the problem and how this can be solved without reinstalling, but so far this worked for me, so I put this here for future reference.

It would be still nice though to know if this issue was completely solved in the stable 1.5-branch and if it has, how it was solved.

Daniel Lemus


More information about the etherlab-users mailing list