[etherlab-announce] EtherCAT Master 1.4.0 released
fp at igh-essen.com
Mon Dec 29 17:29:02 CET 2008
Dear users of the IgH EtherCAT master,
I'm happy to announce the final release 1.4.0 of the EtherCAT master.
The late Christmas present can be downloaded from:
The changes since release candidate 3 are mostly bug fixes:
* Fixed race condition in jiffy-based frame timeout calculation.
* Fixed race condition concerning the ec_slave_config_state->operational flag.
* Fixed wrong calculation of the expected working counter if the process data
of a domain span several datagrams.
* Fixed a kernel oops when a slave configuration is detached while the actual
configuration is in progress.
* Fixed typo in logging output.
* Removed 'bashisms' from init script ('function' keyword).
* Fixed bug in e1000 drivers. Memory was allocated when sending the first
* Modified licence headers to avoid conflicts with the GPL.
* Restricted licence to GPLv2 only.
* Fixed spelling of 'PDO', 'SDO' (all uppercase) and 'xx over EtherCAT'
* Made domain pointer parameter of ecrt_domain_size() const.
As you can see, some changes have been made concerning the GPL headers. The
former EtherCAT license paragraph has been replaced with a note about Beckhoff's brand
and industrial property rights, that does not conflict with the GPL. Moreover
the term "or (at your option) any later version" was removed to restrict the
licence to the GPLv2 only.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 155 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Etherlab-announce