[etherlab-dev] IgH EtherCAT Master for Power PC

Henry Bausley hbausley at deltatau.com
Thu Nov 8 00:18:44 CET 2007

I am trying to run ethercat on an AMCC Power PC 440EP embedded computer.
I am starting with a rt8139 PCI card before attempting to ethercat
enable the AMCC/IBM PowerPC ethernet driver for the built in Ethernet
hardware in the CPU.

I am getting the following error message after cross compiling the
master driver. insmod: error inserting 'ec_master.ko': -1 Invalid module
format.

What causes the module not to load is the declaration of struct kobject
kobj.  If I comment out the declaration of kobj and the code associated
with it in ec_init_module I can then load ec_master.ko as well as
rtl8139too.ko

Does anyone have any idea?  I am using 2.6.14-rtl kernel with patches
from formerly FSM Labs now WindRiver to enable RTLinux.  The filesystem
is basically from Debian 4.0.

I hope I am on the correct mailing list, I didn't know if I should use
the user or developer list.