[etherlab-dev] ARM port

Thomas Elste thomas.elste at imms.de
Tue Jan 29 14:16:33 CET 2008

Hi again,

as promised, my next thread: Apart from the network driver I've
had to make some changes to the masters code in order to get it
running on ARM (see the attached patch).
It's just a quick and dirty workaround, as I couldn't come up with
an easy generic solution that would work on most archs. There are
2 problems. The first is, that the ARM arch apparently doesn't
know the cpu_khz symbol, which is used to calculate some timeouts.
The second problem: get_cycles() doesn't work on ARM, too. At
least it returns always 0 and so isn't usable for the timeout
generation in master/master.c.

Is there a clean more generic approach then get_cycles()?. Or would
it be best to have an arch subdir (like other projects, f.e. RTAI)
for architecture dependend code?

Greets
Thomas