[etherlab-dev] Problems with PDO mapping on EL4132

Thomas Elste thomas.elste at imms.de
Tue Jan 29 14:16:40 CET 2008

Hello again,

I've some problems while addressing one particular kind of
slave. The EL4132 (analog output) gives me some headache with
the PDO mapping:

{"8", Beckhoff_EL4132_Output1,              &r_ana_out}

This is the line I've been using in the domain configuration.
This works very well and as expected under one condition: The
task module has to be loaded directly after the master has done
its first bus scan.
If I wait some time (3-5 seconds) after the master comes up
some PDO remapping is done and then the loading of the task
module fails with "PDO entry 0x6411:1 is not mapped in slave 8.".
It is in fact not mapped _anymore_ as some remapping is done
somewhere in master/fsm_coe_map.c after some seconds since the
master becomes operational.

Anyone else experienced something similiar, or any ideas how
to fix or avoid this?

Best regards
Thomas