[etherlab-dev] Slave to Slave communication

Thomas Elste thomas.elste at imms.de
Tue Jan 29 14:16:45 CET 2008

Hi again,

this last (do I hear some sighs of relief? :) ) question concerns
a feature I was missing.
Is there a way, and if not, what would be the best approach to
allow the users the configuration of a direct _slave to slave_
communication? In some bus setups with complex- and some I/O-slaves
this would allow even faster communication between slaves and save
a great deal of bandwith. For example if the inputs are aligned at
the start of the bus followed by complex slaves which do some
calculations, the complex slaves could read in the same bus cycle
data at the same logical address the inputs have just written
it on. Likewise for the outputs.
Such setups aren't often in need of a heavy master PC either. One
could use a cheap, power saving embedded board (not even necessarily
x86 based, as shown in my previous mails) as hardware for the master.

Ok, that's it for now. Please forgive me this "list-bombing", :).
Best regards
Thomas