[etherlab-dev] etherlab-dev Digest, Vol 6, Issue 1

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Wed May 28 12:28:57 CEST 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 03:44:32PM +0530, Pavan Bidkar wrote:
> Yes, in the hardware link given, shows Kernel versions after 2.6.13. But
> current kernel version we are having is 2.6.9-5EL. When I am trying to
> compile the open source from etherlab(1.3.1 version)
> it gives kernel mismatch error.

Please supply the error message.

> issue is How to upgarade the current kernel version or Which is the Linux OS
> version o whihc version 1.3.1 is developed

Have a look at the devices directory. All kernels, for which network
drivers exist, have been tested successfully.

There are no network drivers for kernels older than 2.6.13. If you
really want to use 2.6.9, you'll at least have to port back the 2.6.13
8139too driver to 2.6.9. But I don't know, if there will be other
issues...

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org