[etherlab-dev] r1713 - Distributed Clocks IOCTL functions

Erwin Burgstaller ethercat.berknapp at spamgourmet.com
Fri Apr 24 12:37:42 CEST 2009

Hi,

* Wed, Apr 22, 2009 - 16:11:25 +0200, Daniel Bechter - daniel.bechter at omicron.at:
> Hey guys,
>
> I just downloaded and installed the latest EtherCAT-Master tarball (r1713)

I did that too and I don't use DC, but I've noticed the master refuses
to work properly with devices, which do not have DC functionality.

kernel: [ 2096.611309] EtherCAT ERROR: Failed to get DC times of slave 0: No response.
kernel: [ 2096.743109] EtherCAT ERROR: Failed to get DC times of slave 13: No response.

slave 0 is an Beckhoff EK1100 and 13 is our own device. Both devices
were stuck in state 'INIT E', which is not a real problem with the
EK1100, 'cause I've nothing to talk with, but obviously a serious one
for the other device.

How will this be handled in future?

Thanks,
	Erwin