[etherlab-dev] Allowing slave to write to it's EEPROM registers

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Tue Jun 16 10:23:56 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 09:09:05AM +0200, Erwin Burgstaller wrote:
> It seems not a problem which is related to the master but to the
> slave, but my college, who works on the slave's code, has the
> question, if it's known how long the slave has to wait for writing the
> second word.

This is a problem that I thought about very long... I discussed it with
Beckhoff developers and the result is, that there is no possibility to
detect when the last write operation finished. The only thing that can be
detected is an error, if the next write operation was done too early.
That is the reason for the 5 ms delay in the master code. I think your
slave should do it in the same way.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org