[etherlab-dev] EtherCAT Master for ARM

targa at sidaccnc.it targa at sidaccnc.it
Wed Jul 1 18:30:00 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm just starting with Ethercat master,  and
being a  newbie even for linux, I'm already halted.

First
of all, my hardware configuration is the following:
the cpu is an
Atmel AT91SAM9263 (ARM926), and the LAN controller is a SMSC LAN9118.

This card is already running with kernel 2.6.24 patched for ARM
and FIQ (fast irq) as real time extension.

The kernel has been
compiled with ELDK (from DENX) on a Opensuse 11 based-pc.

Now
i'm just trying to compile for the first time the Ethercat source, as
is,  but when I execute ./configure , it checks for g++, c++ ecc, and
it finishes saying "C++ compiler cannot create executables"

Does someone know if it is possible to compile Ethercat with ELDK,
maybe changing something in "configure" ?

Regards

Mario