[etherlab-dev] Ethercat/RTAI-Module Problem

Malte Lutz adkins42 at gmx.de
Thu Mar 3 18:19:38 CET 2011

Hello,

i' ve taken the RTAI-Example Module from the ethercat manual and
modified it to be able to write bits to the Beckhoff EL2004 Slave
(Digital Outputs) among other things.

to describe my problem i uploaded 2 different versions of my code:

1. http://pastebin.com/ERFhuhy7
2. http://pastebin.com/EiJeRJ1A

My problem lays in the function "run" (line 565-631):

In the code-version 2 i have an infinite loop, which writes 4 bits to my
EL2004 (1111). This works properly (LEDs are on)!
In the code-version 1 i commented out the loop to write the 4 bits only
once to the EL2004 and not infinite times, but that doesnt work (LEDs
stay off). Can someone explain me why this is happening?

thx

Malte