[etherlab-dev] e1000e driver for 3.2.x kernel

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Thu Oct 25 02:23:27 CEST 2012

Quoth myself:
> (The in-kernel e1000e driver plus the "generic" driver appear to work
> fine, but I'm presuming this has less functionality or performance.)

Although one possibly-unrelated problem that I'm still having with either
the generic+e1000e driver or my patched-up ec_e1000e driver is that if it
had a link at some point during or after startup, and then I disconnect the
cable or power-down the first slave device, it doesn't seem to recognise the
loss of link and just keeps reporting datagram timeouts.  I don't remember
this being a problem with the previous master hardware I was using, which
was using the r8169 driver (and a 2.6 kernel) instead.

Any hints where to look to try to resolve this?