[etherlab-dev] Feedback: Fixed a problem with EoE and C-master simultaneously

Johnny Rasmussen jra at deif.com
Fri Aug 16 10:12:54 CEST 2013

Hi Etherlab-dev.

We just started testing the 1.5.2 etherlab release.
Our setup is a linux 3.4 with EoE running at startup and then we start a C based application which uses the C master at the same time.

We could not get the 1.5.2 running with both EoE and C master simultaneously and as soon as we initialized the C master and put our IO cards to OP the EoE Thread or Ethercat OP thread would use 99% CPU.

I think I have located the error and it seems that the C master send function lost its protection semaphore at some point, resulting in the EoE thread and C master accessing the send function at the same time.
Basically I use the send_callback from C master(which points to the secure send_ext) if it is available, instead of send.

I would like some feedback if this is the correct solution for this problem :)

Best regards,
Johnny Rasmussen
DEIF Wind Power Technology
Software Developer