[etherlab-dev] i met problems when i try to communicate with slaves.

taotao taotao at cptek.com.cn
Wed Jun 25 10:05:00 CEST 2014

Hello all,

   I try to build ethercat on ubuntu. Now Ethercat host master has been successfully established.

  But i met problems when i try to communicate with slaves.

   Q1: How can i find slave's alias and position(ec_slave_config_t)?
   i try to use command "/opt/xxx/ethercat sl -v" , but there not have this information.

   Q2: If i just have only one slave (ET1100) , so I just one slave's alias and position, I 'm right?
   Example c file always has four defines ( slave's alias and position).

   Q3:  struct ec_pdo_entry_reg_t:
   what is slave alias address?   It is xml (beckoff 's slave configure xml) keyword :startaddress?
   what is slave direction? how can it get this information?

   Very grateful to you can help me.

  Thank you very much