[etherlab-dev] Support for multiple mailbox protocols

Jun Yuan j.yuan at rtleaders.com
Mon Jun 30 09:41:22 CEST 2014

Hi Knud,

I thought the same, until I observed the problem in a pure CoE application,
see my bug report
http://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-dev/2014/000377.html, in which
I mentioned CoE problem in 3 scenarios, while scenario 2 and 3 describe
when concurrent CoE requests happens.

The slave's CoE FSM instance is not controlled by the master FSM, but by
the slave FSM itself. The slave FSM is responsible for the CoE requests in
ec_slave_t issued directly by the user via the function
ecrt_master_sdo_download, ecrt_master_sdo_download_complete, and
ecrt_master_sdo_upload. These functions can be executed either in the user
application before the master's activation, or in the terminal in whatever
time.

The master's CoE FSM instance, on the other hand, is responsible for the
CoE requests which should executed in the background by the master FSM,
such as automatically fetch slaves' coe dictionary while master is idle,
those in the slave->config->sdo_requests, which could be issued via the
ecrt_slave_config_sdo functions (which should be configured during the
master's activation), or via the function
ecrt_slave_config_create_sdo_request (which can be issued afterwards in the
user application's RT thread)

This made me to believe that the slave could support concurrent CoE
requests, but Gavin corrects my thought, as this is actually dependent upon
the slave's implementation. So this seems to be another problem we need to
fix on the master's side.

Regards,
Jun