[etherlab-dev] Multiple mailbox protocols and other issues

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Sun Feb 15 23:36:17 CET 2015

On 13 February 2015 21:39, quoth Knud Baastrup:
>> Nice!  Although there still seem to be some funny things going on with
the
>> whitespace, eg. see patch 0013's master/fsm_slave_config.c's second hunk
>> (ec_fsm_slave_config_enter_mbox_sync).
>
> I guess I need more help to figure this out. I cannot (with my current
> knowledge of patch management) see anything wrong in this specific hunk
(line
> 374 to 476). Do you get some kind of warning when applying the patch or
how
> do you observe the issue?

The second hunk covers lines 467 to 524 in the patched file.

There's no patching errors or anything like that, it's just that the
inserted lines have only four spaces instead of eight, so the indentation
appears wrong when compared to the surrounding code.

I didn't examine the patches with a fine-toothed comb (though I did spend a
bit of time looking through them, of course), so I don't know if there are
other instances of this or if this was the only one, but I happened to
notice this case so I thought I'd mention it.  Obviously it doesn't affect
the actual operation of the patch, it's just a code style issue.