[etherlab-dev] ethercat master 1.5.1 - EoE & CoE in parallel

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Wed Aug 24 01:18:34 CEST 2016

On 24 August 2016 01:32, quoth Nir Geller:
> According to the implementation of the master and posts in etherlab-users
and
> etherlab-dev I understand that a mail box protocol demultiplexer isn't
> implemented in ethercat master 1.5.1.
>
> Is there a patch that implements such a thing on 1.5.1?

I've previously sent you a link to my unofficial patchset.  This includes a
mailbox demultiplexer and all sorts of other new features and other fixes.
You can choose to apply only a subset of patches if you wish, though you
might need to deal with conflicts and fuzz that way.  But the latest version
applies against the default branch, which is newer than 1.5.2.

The patch repository also includes older versions of the patchset, some of
which were intended to apply against 1.5.2.  But the older versions lack the
handy readme file, so you'd have to look at the list archives for more
details.

1.5.1 is sufficiently old now that you shouldn't be bothering with it.  But
if you *really* want to, there's no particular reason why you couldn't
backport some of the patches.  (Though if you' go ahead with that, then I
recommend looking at a prior version of the patchset, either from the
repository or the mailing list archives -- there were several patches
dropped because they were incorporated into default, but are still absent
from 1.5.2 and older.)

> Would you recommend to migrate to 1.5.2, or implement such functionality
on
> the current code of 1.5.1?

I would recommend migrating to default.  Even 1.5.2 was a long long time
ago.