[etherlab-dev] Is AoE supported by IgH EtherCAT Master or is there a work around?

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Tue Jan 24 23:59:48 CET 2017

On 25 January 2017 10:55, quoth Rusu Valerian:
> Is AoE supported by IgH EtherCAT Master or is there a work around? E.g if it is
> not supported is it possible to get the card configured in a different setup that
> supports AoE then use it with IgH EtherCAT Master in my setup?

AoE is not supported.

As for whether there's a workaround, I don't know, as I'm not familiar with that terminal.  If it's only used for configuration and there is a way to persistently save that configuration to internal non-volatile memory (which would be unusual but not unprecedented) then it might be possible.  If it's intended for use during normal operation then you're probably out of luck, unless it provides a way to use CoE or PDOs as an alternative.