[etherlab-dev] foe_write result

Gavin Lambert gavinl at compacsort.com
Fri Sep 15 00:51:50 CEST 2017

The "foe_write" ethercat command will print an error on stderr and return a
non-zero exit code in case of error.  It's intended to be used interactively
by whoever is commissioning the system, although it can be used in a script.

Alternatively if you want to call it programmatically you could use the
equivalent master ioctl call directly, which provides the specific FoE error
code.

The unofficial patchset also adds some additional ecrt.h APIs that you can
call for FoE, although these require more "plumbing" to use.