[etherlab-dev] EoE patchs and questions

Esben Haabendal esben.haabendal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 14:02:23 CET 2018

Hi Graeme

Graeme Foot <Graeme.Foot at touchcut.com> writes:
> So the first patch does a few things:
>
> 1) adds explicit eoe_addif and eoe_delif tool functions so that you
>    can manually add/remove an eoe iface without the slave existing
> 2) no longer deletes and eoe iface if the slave disappears

This is a behavioral change compared to how eoe interface work now.  And
it will break our current system, which relies on the interfaces being
created and deleted together with the slaves.

With EtherCAT being a dynamic structure, I don't see this new way is
supposed to work in general use-case, where the bus configuration is not
guaranteed to be fixed.

Would it be possible to make this new behavior optional, so that the
default behavior is as it is now?

/Esben