[etherlab-dev] Cannot compile for kernel 4.14

Joye Laurent Laurent.Joye at haslerrail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:05:28 CEST 2018

Many thanks,
I don't use a real time kernel. So I disabled the rtmutex. All is now
fine

On Fri, 2018-06-22 at 00:32 +0000, Gavin Lambert wrote:
> On 2 May 2018 17:34, quoth Joye Laurent:
> > I'm using the code from etherlabmaster (default branch) + your own patches
> > (Patchset 20171108 based on default branch 33b922ec1871).
> >
> > I'm trying to compile a kernel 4.14 with rtmutex enabled at configure time.
> > The compilation fails because an include directive is missing. If I add, in the
> > file master/locks.h, the line "include <linux/rtmutex>" right after the line
> > "#ifdef EC_USE_RTMUTEX", it works.
>
> My apologies for the late reply.  I've tried this myself (without the extra #include) and it compiles ok.
>
> Are you using an -rt patched kernel?  There is an assumption that if you want rtmutexes you should be using an -rt patched kernel as well, as otherwise they would provide less benefit.

Laurent Joye
SW Developer

Direct:  +41 31 990 71 89                        HaslerRail AG
Fax:      +41 31 990 72 22                        Freiburgstrasse 251

CH-3018 Bern

laurent.joye at haslerrail.com                       www.haslerrail.com