[etherlab-dev] Install in Kernel 4.15? Exclude examples?

Gavin Lambert gavin.lambert at tomra.com
Tue Sep 11 02:05:42 CEST 2018

The unofficial patchset (https://sourceforge.net/u/uecasm/etherlab-patches/ci/default/tree/#readme) contains driver and other patches to let it build on kernel 4.14.  I haven’t personally tried anything newer than this.

Usually it’s better to stick to one of the supported versions (which tend to track popular LTS distributions, rather than bleeding edge – 4.15 isn’t even considered a stable version) unless you desperately need to use a newer kernel for some other reason.  In which case, you’re welcome to submit additional patches.

If you want to skip compiling all the examples, you can comment out the following line in Makefile.am (though it’s not recommended, since if you can’t compile examples then you’ll probably have problems with applications as well):
SUBDIRS += examples

If the version of your automake tools changes then you should run the bootstrap script again.