[etherlab-users] Writing to a blank EEPROM

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Sun Dec 2 14:02:28 CET 2007

Hi Aaron,

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 12:41:02PM -0800, Aaron Edsinger wrote:
> * The Master doesn't seem to detect the blank EEPROM slave although the
> link is active. Can you advise what Master status variables might help to
> assess the situation?

what does the output of "lsec" say? Could you supply a few logging
messages from the moment, when you connect the bus? You could try

echo 1 > /sys/ethercat/master0/debug_level

and then watch the logs.

> * In reading the documentation for the Master 1.1.1, there should be a
> sysfs file named /sys/ethercat0/eeprom_write_enable. I am running Master
> 1.3.1. However, under the equivalent /sys/ethercat/master0/ there is no
> such file. Where has this gone?

It is no longer necessary. writing to the
/sys/ethercat/masterX/slaveY/eeprom nodes should always be possible (as
root). Sorry for the documentation being out of date.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org