[etherlab-users] Writing to a blank EEPROM

Aaron Edsinger edsinger at mekabot.com
Fri Nov 16 02:59:52 CET 2007

Hello, I'm still a bit new to Etherlab and Ethercat, so I apologize for
a potentially obvious question.

Is it possible for the Ethercat Master to write to a blank slave EEPROM.
Is default EEPROM data required to bootstrap the slave and allow the
Master to recognize it?

I ask because I am developing a custom ET1200 slave board and am not
sure if I need to pre-burn the EEPROM before soldering it to the board.
Any general advice for this application would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Aaron

--
Aaron Edsinger, Ph.D.