[etherlab-users] sdo read

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Thu Sep 6 11:05:22 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 12:28:53PM +0200, Stéphane ANCELOT wrote:
> Is there a direct function I can use to read slave sdo ??

currently not, but this would be a very useful function that I wanted to
implement long ago. A file in the Sysfs for each PDO would do it. Slaves
would have to be brought to SAVEOP by default, so that PDO reading is
possible.

I didn't implement it yet, because I don't like the Sysfs interface any
more and want to replace it, because the master kind of misuses it for
it's demands.

If you need it for the short-term, you are invited to implement it by
yourself (it's not that hard, it's quite similar to the SDO reading
functionality). Otherwise it could be, that I will implement this, but I
can't tell you, when this will be.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org