[etherlab-users] "EtherCAT WARNING: <N> datagrams TIMED OUT!" problem

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Thu Apr 10 09:16:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

this is really strange. This combination seemed to work perfectly
here. Let's try to eliminate some possible causes...

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 04:58:20PM +0400, anthony wrote:
> datagram timeout warnings appear when I switch on the only slave
> device (EK1100 coupler) connected directly to realtek NIC.
> /sys/ethercat/master0/info shows same number of sent and lost frames.
> Number of received frames is 0.

Does the activity indicator at the EK1100 show, that the frames are
received at least at the slave?

> Also note that starting/stopping ethercat master somehow changes
> realtek card MAC address (00:11:6B:95:32:FD -> ff:ff:db:b6:ff:ff),
> preventing subsequent launches without setting MASTER0_DEVICE to FFs.

I never cam across something like this. Do you have the possibility to
try another network adapter type (like e1000) for the same kernel, or
the same network adapter on a different kernel? I'd like to know if this
is a problem of the network device driver.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org