[etherlab-users] problems with Beckhoff EL3702 terminal

Matthias Dagen dagen at ifr.uni-hannover.de
Mon Feb 11 18:06:29 CET 2008

Hi,

> This is an oversampling slave, right?

You're right, they support DC and oversampling.
> Not yet. But I think it's inevitable to have distributed clocks to
> operate this slave reasonable. I guess it waits for a timing event. Do
> you have some documentation for this slave?

The documentation can be downloaded at
ftp://ftp.beckhoff.com/Document/BusTermi/BusTermi/EL3702d.chm (german)
or ftp://ftp.beckhoff.com/Document/BusTermi/BusTermi/EL3702e.chm (english).
I think I have to set the SYNC0 and the SYNC1 pulse. Depending on the
ratio them I can read xx samples/PDOs.
Is it possible to set the sync-pulse with the ethercat master or is
there a workaround?

By the way, does the next release of the ethercat master support DC ;-) ?

> Did you modify the s-function to output a vector of the (over-)sampled
> values?

Only for one sample, its pdo is listed in the xml device description. I
just wanted to see if it will work or not.
But I think it is not too difficult to read the other values, if the
sync problem will be solved.

Best regards
Matthias

    Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Dagen