[etherlab-users] EtherCAT stack for 2.6.24, patch v2

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Thu Feb 21 09:53:19 CET 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 05:19:02PM +0100, Sergej Stepanov wrote:
> The function kobject_init() is provided.
> The call is no more "void kobject_init (struct kobject *  kobj)",
> but
> int kobject_init(struct kobject *kobj,
>                  struct kobj_type *ktype,
>                  const char *fmt, ...)
> ktype has not to be NULL.
>
> And I thought it would be little bit shorter and more comfortable
> to use kobject_init_and_add(..) :)...

Ok, I will include your patches concerning this, thanks!

> - passing argument 1 of '__swab16s' from incompatible pointer type
> - passing argument 1 of '__swab32s' from incompatible pointer type

Oh, now I understand. The cpu_to_le16s() function and its friends only
want the correct pointer types.

> -        cpu_to_le16s(DATA); \
> +        cpu_to_le16s((uint16_t *)DATA); \

This is the correct way. I'll include it too.

> Is your firm presented at "embedded world"-exhibition?

Actually no, but perhaps I'll visit as a private person... Will you
be there?

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org