[etherlab-users] newbie qustions

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Sun Feb 10 13:06:17 CET 2008

Hi,

first of all: I received your message in a very unformatted way. It is
very hard to read. Please have in mind, that there are people on this
list, who use text-based mail clients. And please avoid cross-posting!

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 02:19:41PM +0100, Sergej Stepanov wrote:
> I am new here.And my questions because of some problems with cross
> compiling for ppc.I thing, it is possible the EtherCAT-stack to cross
> compile. Is not it?Well, the second question: is it possible to
> compile it with 2.6.24?

Cross-compiling is not an issue, but there are no network drivers for
2.6.24 yet. You could try using an "older" one by specifying
--with-<driver>-kernel=2.6.20 to configure. The next release (1.4.0)
will contain at least drivers for 2.6.22.

> Messages i got:
>
> [snip]
>
> Thank you for any advice.

Please have a look at the below thread on the developers mailing list.

http://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-dev/2008-January/000006.html

This topic is currently an issue and will be fixed in 1.4.0.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org