[etherlab-users] etherlab-users Digest, Vol 13, Issue 8

Hobin Yoon hobinyoon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 15:10:47 CEST 2008

Thank you for answering, Florian Pose,

Although you said the messages are good, it doesn't work as I
expected. Inside the timer function, the out PDO doesn't make the
slave work (blink LEDs) and in PDO values doesn't change over time.
The correct behavior is verified by TwinCAT. That makes me think there
might be some configuration that is automatically done in TwinCAT, but
has to be done explicitly in EtherCAT. Doesn't that?

EL9820 uses Beckhoff FB1111-0142 and our in-house board uses Beckhoff
FB1111-0140. According to the hardware data sheet
(http://www.beckhoff.de/download/Document/EtherCAT/Development_products/FB1111-014X_V13.pdf),
the former uses "32 bit In/Out digital interface" and the latter uses
"16/8 bit asynchronous Microcontroller Interface". Are there any
changes to be made to EtherLab because of the difference?

Best regards,
Hobin