[etherlab-users] "Invalid mailbox configuration", how to configure?

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Mon Mar 17 16:09:10 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 03:45:08PM +0100, Stefan Löfgren wrote:
> You bet I'll make another try. Seems to be working (se below).
> Do you also have an explaination to the message in syslog:
>
> Mar 17 16:08:07 lablinux kernel: EtherCAT ERROR: Mailbox error response
> received from slave 0 - Code 0x0002: "MBXERR_UNSUPPORTEDPROTOCOL".
> Mar 17 16:08:07 lablinux kernel: EtherCAT ERROR: Failed to read mapped Pdo
> index from slave 0.
> Mar 17 16:08:07 lablinux kernel: EtherCAT ERROR: Mailbox error response
> received from slave 0 - Code 0x0004: "MBXERR_SERVICENOTSUPPORTED".
>
> [snip]
>
> Mailboxes:
>   RX: 0x0000/0, TX: 0x0000/0
>   Supported protocols: CoE

I think this is the problem. Probably, the master tries to configure the
slave with a zero-sized mailbox. Perhaps the slave doesn't like this.

Do you have the possibility to update the SII data?

If this is not possible, please post the logs with the debug level
set to 1, so we can have a look, which operation causes the error
messages:

rcethercat restart && echo 1 > /sys/ethercat/master0/debug_level

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org