[etherlab-users] Communication with serial device

Erwin Burgstaller ethercat.berknapp at spamgourmet.com
Fri May 16 13:45:44 CEST 2008

Hi,

I still have not much clue how the communication with a serial device is
thought to be. How do I configure the interface from the real time
module, for example baud rate and all that stuff?

How do I send and receive data? There are three modes of
pdo-mapping. Default is the big mapping with status word for example for
reading at 3102:01 and data bytes from 3102:02 to 3102:17.

How can I switch to the small mapping which would then be: 1
status/control byte and 3 data bytes?

Is that SDO-stuff just for the /sys users pace interface?

Is there any documentation, best written for dummies or something like
that, one could read and understand all that stuff afterwards. :-?

Thanks in advance,

       Erwin