[etherlab-users] EL3202 problems - SyncManager (De)Activation

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Fri May 30 10:07:21 CEST 2008

Hi,

> I had some problems running a Beckhoff EL3202 Terminal with the IgH
> EtherCAT master v1.3.2. The terminal refused to change state from PREOP
> to SAVEOP, AL status code was 0x1d (invalid output configuration).
>
> By comparing TwinCAT and the IgH EtherCAT master I finally found out
> that the terminal runs if I disable the ouput SyncManager (SyncMgr 2,
> start addr 0x1100)
>
> I saw that in the eeprom, SyncMgr2's activate byte is set. However,
> TwinCAT does not enable it (activate is not set in the
> SyncMgr-init-Telegram shown at
> EtherCAT-Tab->Erweiterte Einstellungen->Init). TwinCAT also does not
> activate SyncMgr2 of a EL3122 terminal.
> Both of these Terminals have Output SyncManagers of size 0.
>
> So I wonder, if SyncManagers of size 0 should generally be disabled?

usually the SII states, if the sync manager shall be enabled or not. In most
cases, the sync manager is marked as disabled in the SII, when it is unused.
Strange, that the slave complains, if the size is set to zero...

I can't see any reason why the SM shouldn't be deactivated if it is unused.
I'll do some testing and implement your suggestion for the next release.
Thanks!

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org