[etherlab-users] ecrt_domain_register_pdo() / ethercat-1.3.2

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Wed Nov 5 10:54:33 CET 2008

Hi Tom,

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 10:28:32AM +0100, Tom Schouten wrote:
> What is the proper way to obtain the data size (in nb of bits) of the object
> registered through ecrt_domain_register_pdo() ?

there is none. ;-)

You'll have to know the size anyway, if you want to process the Pdo
entry in reasonable manner.

In version 1.4 this has become more clear, because the slave needs not
to be present when starting the application, so the application has no
possibility to 'query' the Pdo information and has to enforce a certain
configuration.

> I'd like to find out how to obtain this information in ethercat 1.3.2, as
> I'm not able to upgrade to 1.4 due to api changes..

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org