[etherlab-users] Beckhoff AX200

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Mon Oct 20 10:09:32 CEST 2008

Hi Jens,

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 06:38:41PM +0200, Jens Kotlarski wrote:
> We are still trying to realize a communication block with our Beckhoff
> AX200. Thanks to the pre-released of the EtherCAT master 1.4 (thanks a lot
> Florian) it seems that we only need the xml-file and perform some settings.
> Unfortunately it turned out, that we still have some trouble concerning the
> pdo's included in the xml-file. The error we get is:
>
> 	Error reported by S-function 'ec_slave2' in 'Modelname/Blockname':
> Variable context: (null). 	SyncManager 3 is neither an input nor an
> output SyncManager. Choose another PDO index.

I can reproduce this. As you said, it has certainly something to do with
the Pdos contained in the Xml file. For slaves with dynamic Pdos, the
simplest solution is to generate an Xml file with

ethercat xml -p<SlavePos>

and modify the list of Pdos to your needs. Then you can use the
'generic slave' block. If this works, you can switch to an own block
configuration.

> PS: @ Florian: do you additionally have the Simulink block for the Mood
> drive? We could just find the s-function files. Maybe it works with this
> communication block...

The Moog block was implemented for the prior EtherLab interface, it
won't work with the new version.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org