[etherlab-users] real-time possible ?

Peter Pastor peter.pastor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 03:45:09 CEST 2009

Hey,

I am writing an application that sends and receives UDP packages over
ethernet to several digital controller cards. I need this application to run
in real-time. I do not have influence on whatever is running on these cards.
I established communication using regular sockets. I am running xenomai and
need this communication to run in real-time. So, I was wondering whether
etherCAT allows me to do so without touching the client stack, or do I have
to do the communication in a separate process and read/write from the
xenomai real-time process through shared memory ?

Thanks,
 peter