[etherlab-users] Ethernet and EtherCAT with same type of NIC

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Thu Jan 15 10:22:11 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 02:06:19PM +0100, Erwin Burgstaller wrote:
> Anyway, I think both this methods aren't very cool, so how could this
> problem solved in a better way?

On what kind of distribution are you working? I'm having no problems of
this kind with openSUSE, but I heard of this thing concerning Ubuntu.

Could you please check, if the udev daemon is installed and running?
Usually any Ethernet device appearing should be configured automatically
without calling /etc/init.d/network restart.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org