[etherlab-users] problem in using BeckHoff encoder EL5101 RevisionNo='0x03fb0000'

Florian Pose fp at igh-essen.com
Wed Jul 8 09:08:52 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 02:28:33PM +1200, Jason Xu wrote:
> Have read the following thread,
> http://lists.etherlab.org/pipermail/etherlab-users/2009/000566.html
>
> however, my application is coded in c/c++ (no TwinCat, Matlab/Simulink
> package), I don't know how to deal with this xml DWORD issue.

It has nothing to do with XML, TwinCAT or Matlab/Simulink, it's just an
issue of the slave. Have you read my explanation in the last mail of the
above thread?

> Also connect Input to 0 volts (3"), the red LED turns on, but the encoder
> value read is still locked steady, no change even I turn the encoder shaft.

In the thread, the process data input is meant, not the electrical
input.

> [   54.835129] EtherCAT DEBUG: FMMU: LogAddr 0x00000000, Size   5, PhysAddr
> 0x1100, SM3, Dir in
> [   54.840131] EtherCAT: Domain 0: Working counter changed to 1/1.
>
> Any suggestion?

Yes. As explained in the thread, the slave synchronizes its outputs to
its inputs (from the process data point of view). So you have to
send the inputs, too. Please register an input PDO entry (for example
the control word), and you're done.

Florian Pose

http://etherlab.org